Monday 26 January 2009

Anders Jensen to leave Grameenphone

Anders Jensen to leave Grameenphone
Anders Jensen has recently decided to shorten his tenure as the CEO of Grameenphone primarily due to family reasons.

The 39-year-old Swede is leaving Grameenphone after one year at the helm."I am leaving a bit earlier than originally planned. This is my own decision. The reason is predominantly family related," says Jensen who is married and has four children."This decision has been very hard to make, given my commitment to Grameenphone and all the good progress we are making, even in tough times. But, at the end of the day the family concerns and the well-being of my family is the foundation for my decision. The Board will appoint my successor in good time. In the meantime I will be fully committed to Grameenphone and the GP team," Jensen assures."I fully respect and understand Anders' decision. I am very grateful for the way in which he has run Grameenphone during the past year and for his valuable contributions," says Sigve Brekke, Executive Vice President and Head of the Telenor Asia operations.Anders Jensen will leave Grameenphone at the end of this year, at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment